Bus Passes 2020
Sunbus would like to remind parents/guardians that the Department of Transport and Main Roads and Sunbus remove any student who has moved address or school during 2019 and will therefore not automatically receive a 2020 bus pass.
You will also need to reapply if the student is moving from year 6 to a separate High School.
To re-register students in 2020 please either:
- Contact Sunbus – 4771 9802
- Download an application from the website – http://www.sunbus.com.au/townsville/school-bus/#application-information
- Ask your school bus driver for an application form
- Come into the Sunbus depot at 451-459 Woolcock Street – take the service road to the left of the Welcome to Townsville sign (heading into town). Just past Hastings Deering, take the first long driveway on the left
Forms can be returned as follows:
- Sunbus PO Box 546 Aitkenvale QLD 4814
- Handed to school bus driver
- Scanned or photographed (pages 1-3 only) and emailed: email@example.com
- Safety Net forms must have copy of CURRENT signed Health Care, Pension, Veterans Affairs Card – front and back attached.
NOT DISTANCE ELIGIBLE?
If your address is ineligible for a distance bus and you have either a Health Care, Pension or Veterans Affairs Pensioner card you may be eligible under the Safety Net scheme. Please contact Sunbus to discuss.
Don’t have a concession card? Students can still be issued with a part bus pass – just download a bus Travel Assistance form as above.
PREPAYING PART PASSES
For students who pay a fare to travel to and from school Parents/Guardians can now prepay fares for a minimum of ten weeks. Only weekly fares are eligible as this is not a tap and go system.
Parents are advised that should a student misplace a topped-up bus pass Sunbus are unable to provide a replacement card or refund any outstanding monies loaded onto the bus pass, unless the student is either changing schools, address or leaving Townsville. In which case, the card must be returned to Sunbus.