It would be appreciated if your school could insert the following notice into your newsletter prior to the end of the school year.
BUS PASSES for Year 6 students in 2019
Sunbus would like to remind parents/guardians that the Department of Transport and Main Roads and Sunbus remove all Year 6 students from their database at the end of the school year and will therefore not automatically receive a 2019 bus pass.
To re-register students graduating from Grade 6 to Grade 7 in 2019 please either:
- Contact Sunbus – 4771 9802
- Download an application from the website – http://www.sunbus.com.au/townsville/school-bus/#application-information
- Ask your school bus driver for an application form
- Come into the Sunbus depot at 451-459 Woolcock Street – take the service road to the left of the Welcome to Townsville sign (heading into town). Just past Hastings Deering, take the first long driveway on the left
Forms can be returned as follows:
- Sunbus PO Box 546 Aitkenvale QLD 4814
- Handed to school bus driver
- Scanned or photographed (pages 1-3 only) and emailed: email@example.com
- Safety Net forms must have copy of CURRENT signed Health Care, Pension, Veterans Affairs Card – front and back attached.
All students currently registered with Sunbus, except for Grade 6 (2018) will automatically receive their 2019 bus pass providing no details have changed e.g. change of school or address.
CHANGED ADDRESS OR SCHOOL?
If during the year you have moved address, or a student has changed schools a new application will need to be completed as they will no longer be on our database.
NOT DISTANCE ELIGIBLE?
If your address is ineligible for a distance bus and you have either a Health Care, Pension or Veterans Affairs Pensioner card you may be eligible under the Safety Net scheme. Please contact Sunbus to discuss.
Don’t have a concession card? Students can still be issued with a part bus pass – just download a bus Travel Assistance form as above.
PREPAYING PART PASSES
For students who pay a fare to travel to and from school Parents/Guardians can now prepay fares for a minimum of ten weeks. Only weekly fares are eligible as this is not a tap and go system.
Parents are advised that should a student misplace a topped-up bus pass Sunbus are unable to provide a replacement card or refund any outstanding monies loaded onto the bus pass, unless the student is either changing schools, address or leaving Townsville. In which case, the card must be returned to Sunbus.